Sunday, December 29, 2013

First Impressions: Clarisonic Mia 2 & Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser


Hello all my lovely readers♥! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and got everything you wanted! I had a great one and even was given a new sewing machine from my mom so all is well! :)

I wanted to do my first "First Impressions" blog post on something I bought this weekend with my Christmas money! I have debated for a very, very long time whether I really wanted to dish out the money for a Clarisonic (Mia2) and I finally decided to get one after months of research and eventually giving on because of all the amazing reviews! I even tried to look for more affordable dupes for the Clarisonic but none seemed to be as great as the Clarisonic so I figured it would be worth it spending the money on one, and on the Clarisonic 2 instead of just the one because, why not? As you can see in the picture, I also bought it with a Philosophy Purity Made Simple set that comes with a 16 fl. oz. bottle of Purity Made Simple Cleanser and a pack of Purity Made Simple Cleansing Wipes. I was originally going to buy the cleanser from Sephora, but they were completely out of stock and I wasn't going to buy the $40 dollar one. So I just went to Nordstrom to buy my Clarisonic and I saw tons of the Purity Cleansers there, I had no idea they even sold Philosophy products so I was in luck. Normally, I turn down offers from sales people because usually it's not worth it in the end and their job is to sell things, but I decided to get the set that she recommended instead of just the cleanser because it comes with the wipes as well for only like $6 more. I never used the wipes before but I'm always running out of them so I knew I was going to use them. 

Also, side note: I really wanted to get more creative with my images so I figured this would be a great post to play around with some filters in Photoshop and I love how they turned out!

Clarisonic Mia 2: Beautifully transformed skin in just 60 seconds a day

So, this is everything that came with the set. I did not edit this picture so much, only the color because the Clarisonic's color comes out as orange on my camera and it's totally not orange! They did have an orange one however, but I liked the coral one better. If you are looking for the color, I think it's only a Nordstrom exclusive color, so that would be the only place to buy it. It's in the color: Coral Ember. The whole set is $150 and I thought it was a decent price considering all of the things included: Clarisonic, 2 brush heads, plastic travel case, FULL-SIZED! Clarisonic Refreshing Gel Cleanser, and a cute little travel bag!

I just wanted to take a picture of the travel bag, especially because of the cute zipper charm! 
It's a mini Clarisonic, how cute!

Clarisonic Refreshing Gel Cleanser: foaming gel purifies and refreshes


This set comes with a full-sized refreshing gel cleanser. I was surprised when I opened the box how big the bottle was! I was expecting something a little smaller. Even though I do not plan to use it, I just like getting free stuff, who doesn't? I'm very careful with what I use on my skin because I get so many breakouts, and with a little research, it seems like the "Improved Formula" doesn't have too many fans so I'm going to refrain from using this cleanser.

This is the plastic travel case it comes with. A few people have said it looks cheap, etc. but I don't seem to care for it. A case is a case and it does it's job.

As you can see, the Clarisonic looks orange, but I promise you, it's not! 
Below is a better color reference to what the color REALLY looks like!

Photo by: http://www.electricallure.com
The color actually reminds me a lot of a nail polish I have by China Glaze called Flip Flop Fantasy and it's my favorite nail polish to use in the summer which is probably why I chose the color! :)

 As you can see and probably know already, the Clarisonic Mia 2 differs from the regular Mia because it has an additional speed. One speed is Delicate which is for fragile, more sensitive skin. The second speed is Universal which is for all skin types. The Universal speed is recommended more because it is more for daily use and enhances cleansing by 26% compared to Speed 1. I really like that I have two different speeds to choose from because my sensitivity comes and goes. When my skin is more sensitive, I have the option of choosing the Delicate speed, and when my skin is more normal, I can choose the Universal setting.

This is the shape of the Clarisonic Mia 2. I find this shape very unique compared to the other face brushes I have compared it to online. It fits very easily in your hand; very ergonomic shape and it's not heavy at all. If you have to travel somewhere, it's not going to give you a space issue when packing for a trip.

The benefits of using the Clarisonic according to the Clarisonic website:
~ Leaves skin feeling and looking healthier
~ Removes 6X more makeup than cleansing with hands alone
~ Helps skin care products absorb better
~ Pores appear smaller
~ Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
~ Reduces oily areas, dry skin patches and blemishes
~ Gentle enough for use twice a day
~ Soft, non-abrasive for different skin types

I was surprised how soft the bristles of the brush head were! The white rim on bristles do not move, however, from the black bristles to the middle white bristles, those are the ones that actually move. It oscillates at a sonic frequency that produces over 300 movements per second. The brushes work to loosen dirt and oil, removes impurities from pores and priming skin to absorb products better.

It comes with the brush head that's already on the Clarisonic and 1 replacement head. I believe the ones the came in my set are the Sensitive Brush Heads which I think are great for my skin and would work with any skin type. They are interchangeable and have several brush heads to choose from. If the sensitive brush still is too harsh for you skin, there is also a Delicate Brush Head as well. The brush was very easy to clean after use. Clarisonic recommends changing the brush head every 3 months for best results, but I think that they can last a little longer with gentle care and proper cleaning of the brush heads. Replacements cost approximately $25 which I think is not that bad. Clarisonic sent me coupons for my next purchase online so I'm probably going to purchase more brush heads!

Clarisonic with both brush heads
 Using the Clarisonic Mia2 is extremely easy. Here you have the power button at the bottom and the setting (Universal/Delicate) at the top. You can even use it while you are in the shower which is a great time-saver! The Clarisonic features a 1-Minute Pulsing T-Timer which pulses momentarily to let you know when to switch to another part of your face. 
Forehead = 20 seconds, Nose/Chin = 20 seconds, Cheeks = 10 seconds each

This is what the Clarisonic charger looks like, very different from your average charger. 
The bottom piece magnetizes to the bottom of your Clarisonic handle to charge it. Because you can use it in the shower and it's waterproof, the magnetized charger is a great way to go so you have no open sockets in the device to get damaged and for your personal safety.

Philosophy: purity is natural. we come into this world with all the right instincts. we are innocent and, therefore, perceive things as they should be, rather than  how they are. our conscience is clear, our hands clean and the world at large is truly beautiful. it is at this time we feel most blessed. to begin feeling young again, we must being with the most basic step of all, the daily ritual of cleansing.
 I always find the quotes on Philosophy products so beautiful and clever!
The set includes Philosophy's Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser and Cleansing Cloths for only $39 at Nordstroms!


Philosophy's Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser is an award winning cleanser by Allure. I have heard so many great things about this cleanser and how well it worked with the Clarisonic so I had to get it as well! The cleanser I normally use is Mario Badescu's Acne Cleanser but I don't think it would work so well with the Clarisonic but I will continue to use it in the morning when I do not use the Clarisonic. This cleanser has a very clean smell to it which I do like, the smell is nothing too strong. It's a very milky-gel that's very soft on your face. When used with the Clarisonic is creates small bubbles on your face which feel amazing, tbh! You only need a little bit because it lathers up very well. My face felt great after using it, not too tight or not too oily.


These are the Cleansing Wipes included in the set. I haven't used them yet because I am trying to use up the wipes I already have! I'm sure I will love these as well!

Final Thoughts: 
I love the Clarisonic + Purity Made Simple Cleanser!   This is only my first impression since I have only used it once, so it could change but I don't see any possible way it could! I will do another update in a couple weeks, with maybe some skin comparison photos (if I'm brave enough!). I am aware that a lot of people talked about a "purging stage" which I'm sure I will have but it's nothing I haven't gone through before. My skin is at it's worst at the moment, so I just want to get that over with so I can have beautiful skin again! Right after using the Clarisonic, my skin felt so smooth and soft! It felt cleaner than it ever had been and it also looked a bit glowy (if that makes any sense!) 

This is my final score: 
★★★★★ (5/5)

"It's expensive but definitely worth the cost!"


No comments:

Post a Comment